Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fabric Stash

I ended up in a quilt store on Saturday trying to help a friend pick out some back grounds for a quilt she is working and had no plans to buy anything since I have so many things started and have to finish things before Christmas. Well one look at these two fabrics and that was all she wrote. The first one is called "through the woods" by Maywood Studios and it's a really nice black on white and there is a coordinating snowflake fabric. I don't have any ideas yet what I'll do with it but it was too cool to leave it alone in a cold quilt store.



The second set is a line called French Country Roosters by Clothworks and it just has such a rich rust color I couldn't resist it and think I might try and make some place mats with this. Both of these will have to go on the 2010 list but gives me something to look forward to for next year.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Nanci I love the "through the woods" fabric. Reminds me of Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder!!

    Also I like your circle quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does remind of either Laura Ingalls or old Williamsburg and I just wish I could figure out what to do with it. It is too cool of a print to cut it up too small so perhaps it should be a back. And of course I had to bring it home :)

    ReplyDelete

Closing out 2023 and heading into a New Year

 I have seriously been remiss in updating my blog but have vowed to turn a new leaf in 2024. Since my last post in 2018, I have lost my Mom ...