Sunday, December 21, 2008

As 2008 comes to a close


Well it's getting pretty close to the end of the year and I've been thinking about my resolutions for the new year. In the past I always say I'm going to lose weight and spend less but this year I'd like to simply make the commitment to live a more simplistic life. I began 2008 much the same as other years but sometime around the middle of the year I found the etsy website and was taken aback by all the wonderful "handmade" crafters and starting buying things for the holidays. By late in the summer I had the bug again to sew but since I had given my sewing machine away about 10 years ago I knew that would have to be step one. I researched for weeks and finally ended up with a Janome 4900 (that I love by the way). One thing led to another and I found a quilting blog http://www.crazymomquilts.com/ and the hook was set. I have been pretty much just watching from the behind the scenes, building some fabric stash again, took a basic machine peicing class and decided to make a quilt for my son and future daughter in law. The quilt is now made and safely in a box under their tree in Philadelphia just waiting for Christmas morning. I can only hope and pray that they love it and since they know how much fall means to me it will always be a reminder in years to come even after I'm gone. So now all I have to do is organize, get ready for the holidays and begin my list of How to live Simple in 2009!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and I wish you the best in your future goals to reduce. 90% of it is mind over money!

    ReplyDelete

Closing out 2023 and heading into a New Year

 I have seriously been remiss in updating my blog but have vowed to turn a new leaf in 2024. Since my last post in 2018, I have lost my Mom ...