Monday, August 1, 2011

Calming Effects

It's that time of year again when the fawns start stepping out on their own and it's so fun to finally get a chance to photograph some of them. I am working on a quilt called Calming Effects and love the similarity in color and peace from both the fawns and the quilt. This is a pattern I bought a few years back at Creations Quilt Shop in Kerrville and only just this weekend got the top finished.


The concept of the quilt was to use striped fabrics cut into strips and then into triangles. Then you sewed the triangles into squares and the squares back into rows. I played around with various striped fabrics but ultimately went with a neutral batik stripe for that calming effect shown on the pattern cover.


 A close up of the squares sewn together and the overall effect  of the batik.



The inner border is a stonehenge in green/brown tones and the outer border is another batik with a lavender hint. I am thinking about hand quilting this in purple with a matching lilac/purple binding.



Here's the batik going on the back.

 
Happy August, stay cool and pray for rain for Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing out 2023 and heading into a New Year

 I have seriously been remiss in updating my blog but have vowed to turn a new leaf in 2024. Since my last post in 2018, I have lost my Mom ...