Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter ......

Happy Easter to everyone and what a glorious day to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior. I hope everyone has been blessed this Easter Day and is spending time with family.

  I spent the better part of the weekend in San Antonio enjoying the The San Antonio Market Square
and   The San Antonio River Walk. It's hard to believe it's only spring and I was dying of thirst in 90 degree weather on the river. We need rain so desperately to cool down the whole state of Texas. Heat or not I still enjoyed a relaxing lunch at www.mitierracafe.com  and always come away feeling like life is too fast paced. San Antonio has a way of making you relax, of the margaritas might have had something to do with this. The Mexican pottery is always a favorite and I have taken to collecting  the Televera style that has a raised painted surface and just delightful to look at.


I also just fell in love with this framed picture of 3 "wet birds" and couldn't leave without taking it home. It just makes me smile to see at how much fun they have taking a bath! We could learn a thing or two from the birds. It seems life everyday I see people, animals, places and think how calm and relaxed things can be if we strive to make that a priority. It helps remind me to keep my life in BALANCE.
 





So I am still quilting but spare time is hard to come by during the spring.  I have been working on a quilt that will be a gift later this month so can't show the back with the "larger than life" label but will take a photo when it is finally sewn on and the quilt is on it's way to it's new owner. The pattern was designed by the Honey Bee Quilt Store and was originally called "Dancing in the Dark" but I have renamed it "The Ties that Bind Families" since it is going to a newly found family member. It is made of all vintage fabrics and I just loved all the different blocks that were incorporated.

Well I'm off to eat a chocolate Easter bunny so enjoy the rest of your Easter!




3 comments:

  1. Well I am late, but Happy Easter to you. Love that pic of the bird and love your word!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt it amazing. I love quilts with a passion but feel totally blocked at the idea of trying to make one. :(
    I just love the bird pics, I would've adopted them just like you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dish Nanci....hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete

Closing out 2023 and heading into a New Year

 I have seriously been remiss in updating my blog but have vowed to turn a new leaf in 2024. Since my last post in 2018, I have lost my Mom ...