Thursday, December 6, 2018

Rest in Peace George H W Bush

It's been a very sad week watching all the tributes, funerals, gatherings as we celebrated a life well lived. George H W Bush truly cared about this country but more than that he cared about people. He cared deeply for his family but he also just as deeply cared for those he didn't know who were suffering. He gave this country 73 years of his life with the best service he had. I was touched hearing some of the funny stories about him I had never heard. We are gradually losing what we always considered the greatest generation. Maybe it was the depression that created such selflessness and I only hope that the current generation can look beyond their personal needs and ask how they too can serve this great nation. George Bush you will be missed but never forgotten. May you now forever hold your sweet little Robin in your arms and walk peacefully into the sunset hand in hand with your beloved Barbara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing out 2023 and heading into a New Year

 I have seriously been remiss in updating my blog but have vowed to turn a new leaf in 2024. Since my last post in 2018, I have lost my Mom ...